Fire crews are being called out to flooded homes in Auckland and roads closed as predicted rain reaches the city.
The MetService has issued a severe weather warning for many parts of the country for the week, with Auckland expected to get up to 160mm of rain from Wednesday to Thursday evening.
The Fire Service says it's already had a number of calls about homes flooding around Silverdale and Orewa and Red Beach, Brown's Bay, and Mount Roskill, while the heaviest rain is still to begin.
The NZTA is calling on drivers to slow down and keep lights on as rain lashes the city's major highways and closes roads.
Roads in the north, south-east, and west of the city are flooded or have been hit by slips. (See full list below)
Meanwhile, a state of emergency has been declared in the flood-hit Bay of Plenty as residents brace for more possible evacuations.
ROADS CLOSED IN AUCKLAND AT 12PM
* Mangawhai Rd (closed between Ryan Rd and Waiteitei Rd, flooding)
* Kawakawa Bay Coast Rd (closed, slips, access for residents only)
* East Coast Rd (closed, slips)
* Franklin Rd, Pukekohe (closed, flooding)
* Great North Rd & Clark St intersection, New Lynn (closed, flooding)
* Bethells Rd (closed between Stoney Creek Dr and Duffy Rd, slips)
Source: Auckland Transport