Staying true to their “Home of Martial Arts” claim, Asian martial arts promotion has announced an exciting ONE Super Series Grand Prix tournament for 2019.
This will be the third ONE Grand Prix tournament to kick off in 2019, as the promotion previously announced the ONE Lightweight Grand Prix and the ONE Flyweight Grand Prix, which will both begin early next year.
The ONE Super Series, a striking-only platform which made its debut back in April of 2018 at ONE: HEROES OF HONOR in Manila, has become widely successful and has become a highly-anticipated staple in ONE events, already producing a plethora of must-see matches and highlight-reel knockouts in just its first eight months.
In less than a year, the ONE Super Series has transformed into the home of the best strikers in the world.
Martial arts fans can expect even more high-octane action in 2019, especially with the upcoming Grand Prix tournament.
As announced on the ONE Championship website, the tournament will feature featherweight world champion kickboxers including:
- Eight-time Muay Thai World Champion Yodsanklai IWE Fairtex of Thailand
- Four-Time kickboxing World Champion Giorgio “The Doctor” Petrosyan of Italy
- 13-time World Champion across multiple disciplines, Andy “Souwer Power” Souwer from the Netherlands
- Three-time World Champion in Muay Thai and kickboxing Samy “AK-47” Sana from France
- Seven-time Muay Thai World Champion Dzhabar Askerov from Russia
- Five-time Muay Thai World Champion Petchmorrakot Petchyindee Academy of Thailand
- Three-time Muay Thai World Champion Charlie “Boy” Peters from the United Kingdom
ONE Championship is set to announce even more details surrounding the tournament in the coming days.