A number of panel heaters are being recalled due to fears the products may overheat and cause a fire.
A warning listed on Consumer.org.nz says some panel heaters sold at The Warehouse, Mitre 10, Mitre 10 MEGA and through Goldair stockists could be faulty.
“A number of brands are amongst those affected and were sold from February 2016 to October 2017.”
• Goldair - sold nationwide at Goldair stockists
• Living & Co - sold nationwide at The Warehouse stores
• EcoSaver - sold nationwide at The Warehouse stores
• Nouveau - sold nationwide at Mitre 10 and Mitre 10 MEGA stores
• Number 8 - sold nationwide at Mitre 10 and Mitre 10 MEGA stores
All heaters with the following date codes are also affected:
• xx16 / xx17 (xx = week, e.g. week 49 is 4916)
Consumer.org.nz says those in possession of the affected products should stop using them immediately.
“Check the rating label on the back of the heater control unit for the product identifiers above.
“To see the rating label you will need to remove the top two wall mounting screws and gently rotate the panel forward.”
Those wanting a replacement product can contact the CDB call centre on 0800 777 160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org